Friday, May 29, 2009

Gord Hydn, pilot



Hi guys. good to be back. This is my new strip. it's called GORD HYDN.
I'm having a heck of a lot of trouble making it look neat with a white background. Hopefully I'll have that figured out before the next strip. If anyone has any tips, let me know.
I plan on updating once a week, and working my way up 'til I find like the perfect number of weekly updates. Also, I plan to include a recipe with each strip, but don't be surprised by the slight weirdness of my recipes; they usually taste ok. Here is today's:

Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:
1 C whole wheat elbow macaroni
1 12 oz beer
1/4 C sour cream
1/4 C evaporated milk
2 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 C shredded sharp cheddar
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp - 2 tsp louisiana hot sauce (amount depends on your tolerance. I use ALOT)
salt and pepper to taste (I like red pepper for this)

Directions:
Boil noodles in large pot of salted water with beer.
In small saucepan, whisk sour cream, olive oil, and evaporated milk together and heat on medium-low til hot (probably don't want to let this boil though). Lower heat. Add in spices and cheese, whisk 'til cheese is melted.
Strain noodles and add to cheese sauce. Mix it up. Let it cook on medium low for five minutes or so while the noodles absorb the sauce. Eat.

*optional addition: sliced yellow squash, which would be boiled with the noodles, but may take longer than the noodles so let it boil by itself for a bit before adding the noodles

Do you have a favorite mac and cheese recipe? I want to hear about it!

oh, also I just did a fan art for Brian at TheUnderfold.com, so go read that, after having read every episode so you will understand what's going on in my fan strip.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back!

    And the fan art is AWESOME!I can't wait for this new strip. And, what do you mean by "look cool with white background"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you see the background is like bluish and paper-y.
    I think I just need to use a pen or sharpie and crank the contrast way up after I scan it (and by scan I mean take a picture of it with my phone and email that picture to myself [having computer issues]).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah... cause if you were actually scanning it you could just put the scanner on B/W (not grayscale) and eliminate everything from the picture except your lines.

    It's kind of a cool effect anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new look. It is like a tiny art-lesson for everyone. Drawing it by hand again, I guess?

    Man it would be awesome if we could add a recipe and a Star Wars book review to every strip. It would be a multimedia extravaganza! Though really just one media: the internet.

    I think Tim might be illegally driving his car to Louisiana(it is illegal because he still does not have a licence). I very well may be coming up sooner than I expected to see Tim so don't be suprised if I just walk into your house some day. Soon. -Gus

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha "anonymous said", it's like you're 4chan.

    I just ordered a computer, so better scanning to come.

    I was actually considering giving the recipes space themed names, like I was Rachel Ray or something. I'll definitely do that if Randon does the Star Wars reviews (on a different new site).

    good for Tim. I bet if he gets pulled over he'll just sing all the lyrics to Fuck the Police he can remember, laughing enthusiastically

    ReplyDelete